Alright, things are starting to wind down for me. I was lucky enough that my professor decided to not have class tomorrow, so today was my last day of proper classes. I’m also lucky enough that I only have one physical test to take on Friday, and the rest are paper assignments. Most of these papers are done, and after checking with my professors, I only have a few adjustments to make the final products sparkle. I’ve been taking it comparatively easy the past few days in opposition to the rest of my semester.
It’s strange being done with my work since I’m used to having so many assignments that my finals week is a stressful rush. Even stranger is knowing that this is it, and that I don’t have to go back to school next fall. As such, I figured now would be a good time to get into my summer/after college plans:
1) Writing: I think I’ll always end up writing no matter what, so that’ll be a large chunk of my summer. I’m actually counting this blog post as my last-ditch desperate effort to try and reach my Camp NaNoWriMo goal by midnight tomorrow–which I’m a few tens of thousands words short right now. I hope to make some real progress on writing this summer, especially since Camp NaNoWriMo will be running again later an July to fuel my creative juices.
2) The Grand Tour: I was lucky enough to receive as my Christmas/birthday/graduation present the funding to go on Muskingum’s Grand Tour Trip, which will be two and a half weeks overseas in Turkey, Greece, and Italy. I leave a few days after graduation, and it should be a blast.
3) Getting a job: It’s about time I enter the proper working world, and summer’s the time to do it. I’m not sure where I’ll be working yet, but I hope to start making my own income to get used to managing money more and get started on paying off my student loans.
4) Trotcon: As a pony fan, I’ll be going to Trotcon in June, which is a fan convention for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in Columbus. A group from Brony Club is all going, and we’ll even be running a panel about how to start and run a Brony Club. We just got approved, too. This will actually be my first time running a panel, so I’m excited by nervous.
5) Animefest: Another convention, this time for anime. I usually visit my dad in Texas over the summer, and this year shouldn’t be an exception. Dad and I usually go to an anime con while I’m down there. We went to this con two years ago, and it’s looking like it’ll be a lot of fun. Hopefully I’ll be able to take my girlfriend with me as well.
6) Apply for grad school: I really have every intention of furthering my education, I just fee like I need a break first. However, I will be looking into grad schools for a master’s in creative writing, applying, and hopefully getting accepted!
7) Figure out what exactly I’m doing next: I have ideas of what I want to do, but nothing’s really definite. I know I don’t really need to rush, so I plan to take my time. Hopefully I’ll at least be able to figure out the next few steps in my life as time goes on.
Filed under: Life @ Muskingum | Leave a comment »